What: 3rd Annual Rio Linda Elverta Hometown Christmas Light Parade
Where: Along M Street in Downtown Rio Linda, from West 2nd Street to Oak Lane
When: Saturday, December 8th, 2018 at 6:00pm
Who: Anyone and everyone from inside and outside of our community!
This will be the third year that we have held the Rio Linda Elverta Christmas Light Parade, and it’s gotten bigger and better than each year previous.
Some of the participants we have had include:
- Sacramento County Supervisor Sue Frost
- Ashton and Price
- Sacramento Ghostbusters
- Sacramento Metro Fire
- Sacramento County Sheriff’s Dept.
- Twin Rivers Police Dept.
- Fulton-El Camino Parks Police
- Rio Linda Lions Club, American Legion
- Green Acres 4H
- Rio Linda Elverta Community Water District
- Rio Linda Elverta Recreation and Parks District
- Capitol Quarter Midget Association
- Rio Linda High School Marching Band
- Citrus Heights Community Marching Band
We expect this year’s event to grow by 25-30%, which means about 120 entries. We’ll have fire trucks, and police cars, and marching bands, and horses and dogs, and
It’s large, it’s loud, it’s a ton of work, but the payoff in fun and civic pride is returned tenfold. It is a HUGE event in our community. Families tailgate in the library parking lot and have parade parties at their M Street homes, and set up their premium spots along M Street hours before the parade begins.
This year, Mix96 FM will be providing the holiday music once again, and River Ridge Realty will be providing the parade awards.
Please join us as a participant or volunteer, or just as a spectator as we welcome in the holiday season as only Rio Linda knows how.